- The Club Strongly recommends all cruiser owners to avail of the RNLI's FREE SEA SAFETY CHECK. Call free on 1800 789589
- Every boat owner is encouraged to attend an ISA Coastal Skipper theory and/or practical course, also sea survival and VHF and ISA Yacht Safety Awareness courses.
- Persons in charge of boats are encouraged to ensure at least one member of the crew is trained in first aid.
- PFD's should be worn whilst ferrying to/from boats.
- At least three fenders either side of a boat should be used when picking up/leaving moorings.
Adequate protection/padding should be used to cover the propeller when outboard is tilted up at mooring (to prevent injury to others).