Person in Charge. One person shall be designated in charge of this operation, and must stay on site until the operation is complete or suspend operations until he/she returns.
Area of Operation
- The area of operation includes the harbour area, and shore/road within a 30 metre radius of the pivot of the crane.
- The person in charge will delegate someone to ensure members of the public are kept clear of the area of operation.
- No maintenance work should be carried out on boats within the area of operation.
- The Danger area shall comprise the area under the crane's arc, and will be marked accordingly.
- Only those authorised by the 'Person in Charge' may enter the danger area.
- Trailers should not be brought to the area of operation until such time as advised by the person in charge.
- Trailers should be removed from the area of operation as soon as is practical after lift in/out has taken place.