Courtown Sailing Club Terms of Service
By accessing the website at https://www.courtownsailingclub.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on Courtown Sailing Club's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Courtown Sailing Club's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Courtown Sailing Club at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Courtown Sailing Club's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Courtown Sailing Club makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Courtown Sailing Club does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Courtown Sailing Club or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Courtown Sailing Club's website, even if Courtown Sailing Club or a Courtown Sailing Club authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Courtown Sailing Club website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Courtown Sailing Club does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Courtown Sailing Club may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Courtown Sailing Club does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Courtown Sailing Club has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Courtown Sailing Club of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
Courtown Sailing Club may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Ireland.
Renewal Payments can be made via Bank transfer, Credit Card or Cash.
As per last AGM, there will be a 5% surcharge for cash payments. This year there will be no Credit Card charge for Membership Renewals
Any Returned payments, whether via credit card, direct debit or cheque, will incur an administration charge. Failure to pay these fees within 30 days of the date of issue will mean your entire account will be put on hold and a collections agency will be handed over your details.
- Fees as follows:
- Administration Charge: 35 euro
- Returned Cheque: 10 euro
- Returned Direct Debit: 10 euro
- Charged back credit/debit card: 40 euro
All boats and gear are stored at the owner’s risk and the Club accepts no liability/responsibility for loss or damage
a. There is a waiting list for moorings.
b. Please contact the Moorings Officer, in writing if you want to put your name on the list and before you buy a boat or before you upgrade your boat.
Mooring Agreement, April - October
Successful applicants must agree to the following conditions:
● to moor in the position allocated.
● to use the mooring lines provided by the Club and not to use any other lines, floating lines, chains, wires or private anchors – except as may prove necessary in an emergency.
● to indemnify ‘Courtown Sailing Club’ against all claims, expenses, actions, demands and proceedings in respect of any loss, accident or damage to any person, property or thing of any nature whatsoever arising from the mooring of my boat in the position allocated to me by the Club.
● in the interest of safety the club reserves the right to move any vessel and/or gear at its discretion. Boats moved are left entirely at owner’s risk and the club accepts no responsibility for any damage caused.
● to have my vessel insured with adequate Third Party Liability Insurance and against any risk including civil responsibility for the duration of this season to cover damage which may be caused by my boat to any other craft or persons.
● not to use my engine at full throttle within the harbour.
● to use at least three fenders on each side of my boat.
● to adequately pad or cover the propeller and skeg of my outboard when tilted.
● not to pollute the harbour in any way and to abide by all local by laws.
● not to transfer, exchange or loan my mooring or to allow other boats to lie alongside overnight.
● that the committee reserves the right to sub-let any allocated mooring which has not been occupied by the 16th June and thereafter the mooring in question can only be re-acquired if notice is given in writing to the Club secretary seven days in advance.
I/ We declare that the boat(s) detailed in this form are covered, and will be covered, and will remain covered, by third party liability insurance for any one accident or a series of accidents arising from any one occurrence for an amount not less than €1,250,000 for the duration of this season and any further duration which the boat(s) is stored in Courtown Sailing Club boat park.
I/We hereby indemnify the Club, its servants or agents against any loss or damage arising from the use of Club Moorings, Boat Park or Storage Space, and Crane or Members’ facilities which shall be at my/our own personal risk.
I/We confirm the boat(s) detailed is/are my/our property and accept that while availing of Club facilities I/we shall be responsible for the management and control of the vessel and the conduct of its crew.
I/We confirm we have read, understand and accept the terms and conditions attaching to this application. I exonerate Courtown Sailing Club, any of its officers, members, or representatives from all claims that might arise in relation to my/our boat(s) or its (their) equipment.
● I will not pass my space on to other people in the event of temporary absence and accept any such redistribution organised by the Committee.
● If I am removing my dinghy for a lengthy period of time I will inform the Committee of the away dates.
● I will always provide a nominated adult for my child/children (under 16) taking part in the dinghy sailing on Sundays and Wednesdays for the duration of the sailing.
● I will either remain in the Boat Park or on the beach when dinghy sailing is taking place. I will help children under 16 in recovering and launching dinghies and also assist appropriately should an accident occur or another child need attention.
● In keeping with the Club’s safety policy I will sign out and back in when taking part in any form of Club sailing. (In the case of sailors under18, parents/guardians must observe this responsibility.)
● I will come appropriately dressed to wade in to help recover dinghies and assist other children or to help in the Boat Park with cold children.
● My child will always be appropriately dressed and with correct equipment for sailing.
● I will provide sun protection and personally ensure the use of it for myself and/or my child.
● I will ensure an adequate hydration for the dinghy participant.
● I will ensure punctual attendance by the dinghy participant for briefing and debriefing.
● I am aware that the last remaining three children left on any dinghy sailing day will have to remain until the parents/guardians/lift arrives for all three of the children.
● I will ensure attendance by adult dinghy participant (parent/guardian for under 18 year olds) at any information meeting held by CSC.
● If I fail in the above I understand my child will not be allowed sail.
● I am aware the above conforms to current child protection policies.
● I/(my children)will observe the rules of racing.